Caulfield & Wheeler Careers:
All levels: Rodmen, Instrument Men and Party Chiefs.
- Pay scale according to knowledge and ability.
- Must be responsible and on time.
- Valid drivers license required.
- At least 40 hours a week with overtime possible. Weekend work when necessary.
- Proficient in electronic survey equipment unless entry level.
- Drug test required.
Candidate must be comfortable working with a computer and be willing to work inside and outside. Must be able to lift around 50-200 lbs (approximate weight of the scanner or structure lids).
- Must be comfortable working with computers
Additional skills preferred but not required:
- Operating GPS survey equipment
- Leica 3D Scanner
- Leica Cyclone
- Leica CloudWorx
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of computers and troubleshooting computer issues
Drug test required.
This position is primarily responsible for evaluating, preparing and distributing invoices from billing folders that are provided by various project managers within the company. Additionally, sending collection notices to clients, and preparing daily invoices on an as needed basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- House Billing (Individual for Vertical Construction)
- Collections and followup as assigned
- Job Cards
- Review and evaluate billing folders/files in order to properly send the client invoice, provide additional information to the project manager as required, including, but not limited to contracts, previous billing information, emails regarding the project etc. Properly send invoices per the folder notes (email vs mailing etc.) with appropriate backup if needed
- Move time in the billing system properly and within the timeframe of the billing period, which is within the month the work was performed, for the invoices that you have created.
- Proof and edit field crew entries for accuracy and spelling/grammatical errors prior to producing final invoices.
- Confers with customer initially via email to determine reason for overdue payment, by sending them the aging report and unpaid invoices. Follow up with the client with two additional requests, contacting the client via telephone to clarify any requests for additional information which are not clear to either party. Follow up with notification to the project manager after the third notification to the client. Additional follow-up with the project manager until the collection is resolved. Flag calendar with followup dates.
- Reviews and responds to daily emails and voice mails, within a timely manner. Confers with the project manager/employee on the necessity/timeliness of when the content of the information needs to be addressed and information sent. Proof and edit emails for grammatical errors
- Produce and save Job cards. Provide all contract information for the job if available.
- Miscellaneous – provide proactive additional assistance as requested on a daily basis.
- This position has no marginal functions, all are essential and should be completed on a daily basis. Folders must be completed as received, within the delegated work week, or based on a pre-determined due date per the client. The production is subjective to the amount of work generated by the company in any given month. Invoices not produced within the designated month result in a revenue loss for the company.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness – Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Quantity – Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative – Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Contact Management systems; Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Job Type: Full-time
- Billing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Land Surveying/Engineering billing: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
This job will require you to pass a background check:
- Drug test required.